Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018659
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Urology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full time board certified/eligible Urologist, at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on a tenure, academic or master clinician track to join our practice in Maplewood, MN.
Consistently recognized as one of the world-class urology departments in the country, we have been at the forefront of urology for more than eight decades. We strive to build an inclusive environment that cultivates innovation in our core missions of patient care, research and education, and to be an inspiration to those who observe us. Building on our past, we continue to lead innovative efforts in several areas of urology including cancer, stones and reconstruction. Our clinical work is complemented by 4 basic scientists in our department working in areas of cancer, immunology, neurourology and medical device development. Our residency program consists of 5 years of training with 3 residents per year. To learn more, please visit: https://med.umn.edu/urology
About the Department:
The Department of Urology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full time board certified/eligible Urologist, at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on a tenure, academic or master clinician track to join our practice in Wyoming, MN.
About the Division:
- Strong team centered department with more than 20 urology faculty providing high quality, innovative patient care across the Twin Cities.
- The practice will be located at M Health Fairview Maplewood. The position may also include up to 1 day/week at a second site.
- Advanced Practice Providers (NP's/PA's) provides patient care support in the clinic and hospital.
- Fully coordinated Electronic Medical Record (Epic).
- Access to a strong primary and specialty care referral base within the M Health Fairview system.
- University of Minnesota is currently ranked #16 in NIH funding and department faculty members with an academic focus have academic time to develop and lead clinical trials and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Duties will consist of supporting and advancing the clinical and academic mission of the Department of Urology and the University of Minnesota Medical School .
- Position will involve instructing, clinical research, and patient care with emphasis on General urology.
- Practice sites would be majority at a suburban hospital with one day of outreach possible.
- Opportunities to collaborate within and across local healthcare systems including M Health Fairview as well as Minneapolis VA.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Urology residency and/or fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified in Urology.
- Licensed or ability to obtain medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
This role is dually employed by the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians. Applicants should also complete an application for this position with the University of Minnesota.
We're proud to offer our employees a robust benefits package. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.